Which physiotherapy clinic should I go to for treatment?Back to FAQs
Choosing the right physiotherapy clinic for treatment can be difficult. Whilst all physiotherapists are university trained and qualified, it is important to select a physiotherapy clinic and physiotherapist who is trusted, knowledgeable and friendly and can provide the best quality treatment for your injury. When it comes to choosing a physiotherapy clinic and physiotherapist there are no hard and fast rules, but some things worth considering include:
- How long has the physiotherapist been qualified for?
- Is the physiotherapist a member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association?
- Does the physiotherapist have a particular area of expertise?
- Does the physiotherapist have post-graduate qualifications such as a PHD or Masters?
- Does the clinic have a multidisciplinary team of professionals i.e. are there services for podiatry, massage, clinical Pilates, hydrotherapy, exercise physiology, sports medicine, psychology, personal training, myotherapy etc.?
- Have you seen the physiotherapist before and did you achieve a good outcome?
- Have your friends or family had a good experience from that physiotherapist or clinic before?
- If you are already seeing a physiotherapist, is your condition getting better and staying better?
Some additional information which may assist you in making your decision may include:
- How long is an initial consultation?
- How long is a follow-up consultation?
- What is the cost for an initial consultation and follow-up consultations?
- Are there any discounts for concession?
- Am I able to claim on private health insurance?
- Are there HICAPS facilities?
Back to top