PhysioAdvisor Newsletter – Football Injuries
With the AFL, NRL and Super XV seasons in full-swing, and, the A-League Grand Final this weekend between Brisbane Roar FC and Perth Glory FC, we take a look at some of the Most Common Football Injuries across the codes:
Injury Prevention: Warming Up & Cooling Down
One of the best ways to prevent injury is with an effective warm up and cool down, before and after sport. Not only does this assist in injury prevention, but it also aides in:
- improved athletic performance
- greater mental concentration
- improved fitness
- faster recovery from activity
- improved flexibility
Learn more about performing an effective Warm Up & Cool Down for sport.
This month we feature three of the Most Popular Football Products in the PhysioAdvisor Shop:
Easy-to-use and practical ice treatment for soft tissue injuries. Perfect for sprains, strains and chronic overuse injuries, such as tendonitis.
The Oppo Hinged Knee Stabiliser 1031 knee brace provides excellent support to the knee. It is particularly beneficial for patients with the following conditions:
- Medial and Lateral Collateral Ligament injuries
- Anterior and Posterior Cruciate Ligament injuries
- Medial and Lateral Meniscal Tears
Prevent those common football sprains and strains with supportive strapping tape.
Visit the PhysioAdvisor Shop for more info.
Become a Member
Are you sick of that nagging back ache or calf strain that just won’t improve? Become a PhysioAdvisor Member and take a proactive step towards your health and fitness goals.
- View the emailed version of PhysioAdvisor Newsletter – Football Injuries .
- Subscribe to the PhysioAdvisor Newsletter.
- Return to the top of PhysioAdvisor Newsletter – Football Injuries.